Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me! Today I have to share a sweet fall thanks card made with gorgeous rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs. I mixed and matched a couple of designs from different collections that, in opinion, stay nice together!
- PURPLE ONION DESIGNS STAMPS:
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLIES:
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Scarecrow, Sunflowers, Slat Wood Cart, Gathered Pumpkins, a trio of pumpkins from Door Decor #1 Fall/Winter Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut the stamp with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color the illustration with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- yellow Y00-Y13-Y15-Y17
- orange YR04-YR09
- red R30-R32-R35-R39
- green G40-G43-G46-YG67
- blue B21-B24-B26
- brown #1 E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35
- brown #2 E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- brown #3 E40-E41-E43
- grey T0-T1-T3-T5-T7
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper and ink it with Mermaid Lagoon Distress and Peacock Feathers Distress inks, using the blending brushes to achieve a nice and smooth blending.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray, colorful ink and white gouache.
- Die cut three hills from Neenah Desert Storm paper, using Slimline Scenery Dies and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Ink the hills with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink and then splatter with a few tiny drops of colorful ink and white gouache to add more interest.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the Thanks – Brush Stamp with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Fussy cut the stamp with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little edge around.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet fall card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!