Hello and welcome!
It’s been a while since I made a card with a super dark black background. I experimented a bit and decided that the metallic embossed lines worked the best for this project. Once finished with coloring, I filled the inner area of the oval with a black copic marker. Then I simply fussy cut the illustration following the oval outline and used a plain black cardstock outside the oval.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Prep a piece of Neenah Solar White paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Stamp the oval illustration from Autumn Oval Stamp Set with VersaMark clear sticky ink. Use a stamping positioning tool if you have it in your stash to achieve a good impression.
- Heat emboss the stamp lines with Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder.
- Fussy cut the stamp right against the oval outline with the sharp small scissors.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS, filling the inner area with a black marker. I used on this card:
- yellow Y00-Y15-YR65
- orange #1 YR000-YR00-YR02-YR68
- orange #2 YR61-YR65-YR68
- red R30-R32-R35-R37-R39
- green #1 G20-G21-G24-G28
- green #2 YG00-YG01-YG06-YG09-G16
- black 100
- If needed, clean the embossed lines with 0 copic blender marker.
- Paint the stamp edges with a brush nib black marker to hide any imperfection due to the fussy cutting.
- Die cut from a gold glitter paper the sentiment, using Fall Friends Die Set.
- Die cut twice the same sentiment from a black cardstock, using Fall Friends Die Set, and stack all three layers together with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a black cardstock.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front with Distress Collage Medium Matte and a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Quickly mask the sentiment with a low tack tape and add some tiny splatter of a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water as a finish touch.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun fall card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!