Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the Newton’s Nook June release! Thank so much for joining me today for a sneak peek on the the stunning new products from Newton’s Nook Designs!
All the new June products will be available for purchase on Friday, June 17th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Dog Park stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a super colorful birthday card with a splash of juicy summer colors and a cute pun! Once colored with water based markers the fun doggy from Dog Park Stamp Set along with a couple of birthday accessories, I played around with the new Summertime Paper Pad, creating a lot of trimmed and die cut elements for the background!
- Dog Park Stamp Set
- Dog Park Die Set
- Christmas Haul Stamp Set (only gift boxes)
- Christmas Haul Die Set (only gift boxes)
- Summertime Paper Pad
- Fancy Edges Tag Die Set
- Circle Frames Die Set
- Land Borders Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Dog Park Die Set, Christmas Haul Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Dog Park Stamp Set and Christmas Haul Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with water based markers. I used on this card
- n.202 Peach Pink
- n.24 Wine Red
- n.26 Light Pink
- n.28 Pale Pink
- n.31 Cobalt Blue
- n.36 Light Blue
- n.41 Light Green
- n.45 Pale Green
- n.51 Lemon Yellow
- n.61 Light Brown
- n.62 Dark Brown
- n.64 Oatmeal
- n.67 Mustard
- n.91 Light Grey
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Create all layout elements, using patterned papers from Summertime Paper Pad:
- Heat emboss in white onto bright pink the sentiment from Dog Park Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Die cut the heat embossed sentiment with a stitch circle die from Circle Frames Die Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen.
Would you like to win the “Dog Park” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday June 16th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday June 17th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cheerful and bright summer birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!