Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook June release! Thank so much for joining me today for a sneak peek on the the stunning new products from Newton’s Nook Designs!
All the new June products will be available for purchase on Friday, June 17th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The second day of the Newton’s Nook Designs summer release has reserved us the most wonderful flamingo flock paired with amazing tropical themed accessories in new Flamingo Oval Stamp Set! Please note that, this new stamp sets coordinates with the previously released Oval Frames Die Set!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Flamingo Oval stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a lovely pink card with an inked background and some sparkling gold details! I decided to fussy cut by hand the stamp with my sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge on the inner part and creating a see-trough window on the colorful background. Then I used the Oval Frames Dies to die cut a gold glitter frame to place behind the illustration.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp the big illustration from Flamingo Oval Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Neenah Solar White paper. If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the stamp a couple of times to achieve solid black outlines.
- Fussy cut the stamp with the sharp small scissors, following the outside oval line and leaving a little white edge on the inner part.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- pink RV000-RV00-RV10-RV13-RV14-RV17
- green #1 G21-G24-G28
- green #2 YG11-YG05-YG09
- green #3 G00-G02-G09
- black 100
- Pain the flamingo’s beaks with a gold shimmer spray like Altenew Metallic Gold, using a small brush.
- Paint the outside edge of the oval with a black brush nib marker to hide any imperfection due to the fussy cutting.
- Die cut from DCWV Glitter Cardstock a gold sparkling frame, using Oval Frames Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Ink a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide, Kitsch Flamingo Distress and Dried Marigold Distress inks, using the blending brushes.
- Splatter the inked background with some water droplets from Distress Sprayer and let it air dry well.
- Heat emboss in gold the sentiment with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink in the center of the inked background. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Finally arrange on the card front and pop on a foam tape all the elements to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with some matching gold and clear iridescent sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Would you like to win the “Flamingo Oval” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday June 16th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday June 17th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cheerful and bright summer card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!