Hello and welcome to the final day of the Newton’s Nook June release! Thank so much for stopping by throughout this week and for all your amazing comments, love and support!
All the new June products will be available for purchase tomorrow on Friday, June 17th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The last day of the June reveals has reserved us the cutest mischievous kitty taken away in the skies by a kite in the new Newton’s Kite Stamp Set! As always, in case you’re interested, there’s the coordinating Newton’s Kite Die Set too!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Newton’s Kite stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a simple and cute birthday card! I created a quick and easy background, using the new amazing Summertime Paper Pad. Then added the colors to the kite portion of the Newton’s Kite Stamp with the paper piecing technique! And finally highlighted the cute cat with some basic copic coloring!
- Newton’s Kite Stamp Set
- Newton’s Kite Die Set
- Circle Frames Die Set
- Sky Scene Builder Die Set
- Summertime Paper Pad
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper the kitty with the kite, using the coordinating Newton’s Kite Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative part of the die.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Newton’s Kite Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative part of the die as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamp with COPIC MARKERS (except the kite). I used on this card:
- grey W00-T0-T1-T3-T5 & C00-C3
- ears RV00-RV11
- pink RV25
- yellow Y18
- green YG05
- Stamp two times the kite part of the stamp on two different patterns from the Summertime Paper Pad and fussy cut them with the sharp small scissors.
- Paint the patterned paper cut outs with a black paint nib brush to hide any imperfection due to the fussy cutting and glue them in place on the mail image with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a light blue cardstock and splatter it with a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water.
- Die cut a big stitched circle with a kite pattern, using Circle Frames Die Set and Summertime Paper Pad.
- Die cut three clouds from Sky Scene Builder Die Set on Neenah Solar White paper.
- Stamp the sentiment from Newton’s Kite Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen and a couple of matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Would you like to win the “Newton’s Kite” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday June 16th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday June 17th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and cute birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!