Hello and welcome to the final day of the Newton’s Nook April release! Thank so much for stopping by throughout this week and for all your amazing comments, love and support!
All the new April products will be available for purchase on Friday, April 22nd at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Newton Loves Tacos stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a super fun taco cat card colored with Karin Brushmarkers Pro and paired with some fun and bright pattern papers from Springtime Paper Pad. I created a simple layout using the circle dies (a scalloped and a plain stitched ones) that remind me a taco shape and colors. Just to stay on topic!
- Newton Loves Tacos Stamp Set
- Newton Loves Tacos Die Set
- Circle Frames Die Set
- Frames Squared Die Set
- Springtime Paper Pad
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper the taco cat, using the coordinating Newton Loves Tacos Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative part of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Newton Loves Tacos Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink, using the negative part of the die as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with water based markers. I used on this card KARIN BRUSHMARKER PRO set:
- 092 Fire Red
- 172 Blush
- 166 Canary
- 181 Lipstick Red
- 200 Soft Peach 1
- 210 Apple
- 216 Almond
- 253 Grass
- 272 Rose Wood
- 278 Warm Grey 1
- 281 Olive Green
- & Zig Clean Colour Real Brush n.61 Light Brown
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a cream cardstock.
- Die cut two colorful circles from Springtime Paper Pad, using Circle Frames Die Set.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Die cut the sentiment with a stitched circle die from Frames Squared Die Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen and black enamel dots.
Would you like to win the “Newton Loves Tacos” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday April 21st at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday April 22nd.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!