Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a fun and cute holiday card that features a mix of absolutely wonderful Holiday Post and Holiday Home stamp sets!
- Holiday Post Stamp Set
- Holiday Post Die Set
- Holiday Home Stamp Set
- Holiday Home Die Set
- Land Borders Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper all the elements you need for your card, using the coordinating
- Holiday Post Die Set and Holiday Home Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Holiday Post Stamp Set and Holiday Home Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color all the elements with water based markers, making the blending with a small water brush. I used TOMBOW DUAL BRUSH MARKERS and ZIG CLEAN COLOR REAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- dog Zig 61 Light Brown – TMB 946 – TMB 947
- cat Zig 94 Gray Brown
- wood TMB 992
- red Zig 71 Flesh Colour – TMB 905 – Zig 22 Carmine Red – Zig 260 Deep Red
- green TMB 133 – Zig 41 Light Green – Zig 44 Deep Green
- teal TMB 451 – Zig 42 Turquoise Green
- Trim and score a small slimline A2 size card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly narrower, but longe rectangle and split it into four parts to form snow hills and the sky, using Land Borders Die Set.
- Ink the sky portion and then stamp a couple of snowflakes from Holiday Home Stamp Set with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add more interest. Let the piece air dry or heat set it.
- Ink the top part of each snow slope with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, using a blending brush to achieve a light and perfect blend.
- Stamp the sentiment from Holiday Home Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping some on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a couple of matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte and a falling snow details added with
- a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!