Hi there Sugar Peeps!!!
It’s time again for the SugarPea Designs Sweet 2 Repeat Hop! This time we are hopping on Instagram! You can join the Design Team starting from my account @tatianacraftandart.
There would be no perfect hop without prizes! Right?! SugarPea Designs are giving away TWO $25 Gift Certificates! So don’t miss a chance to win too!
On my stop for this hop you’ll find a cute card that features super adorable aliens from Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set. I kept everything clean and simple, making the coloring with water based markers, and then added a couple of extra shiny and dimensional touches with Glossy Accents for a fun and playful look.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper all the elements you need for your card, using the coordinating Take Us To Your Cake SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with water based markers. I used on this card TOMBOW DUAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a piece of masking paper and die cut a circle inside.
- Apply the negative part of the mask on the card front and ink the inner circle window with Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade Distress inks, using the blending brushes.
- Flick some tiny water droplets on the inked area and lift up the mask.
- Stamp the sentiment from the same Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.
- Heat emboss in white the light beam stamp.
- Arrange and pop all the elements on the card front, using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Add some shiny finish touches with Glossy Accents.
That’s all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!