Hello and welcome!
Thank so much for joining me today! I’m sharing another cute card as a guest designer for Spellbinders and bringing you more inspiration featuring the most adorable Cute Boots Stamp Set from the new April release.
I like to stretch stamps and get more use from small accessories included in stamp sets. Today I decided to design a simple, but colorful and bright rainbow card, playing with the umbrellas from Cute Boots Stamp Set.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Copic X-Press paper three umbrellas from Cute Boots Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used, in rainbow order starting from top:
- R00- R02-R05-R08-R89
- plus E30-E31 and W2
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper and mask a square in the center, using a removable tape.
- Ink the square window with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, Mermaid Distress Lagoon Oxide, Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks.
- Spritz some water droplets, using Distress Sprayer, and a few colorful splashes all across the inked area to add more interest. Let the ink air dry well.
- Repeatedly heat emboss in white the rain stamp and lift up the mask.
- Stamp the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Assemble all the elements together using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a couple of clear iridescent sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute rainbow card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!