Hello and welcome!
Thank so much for joining me today! I’m super excited to be guest designing for Spellbinders and featuring a couple of new wonderful stamps from their new April release.
I like to keep my projects simple especially when I work with cute illustrations. Today I played with adorable Cute Boots Stamp Set and painted a simple watercolor scene with a pop of bright spring colors.
SALE ALERT! Spellbinders are currently having a big Spring Cleaning Warehouse Sale on their site. Don’t miss a chance to save on many amazing products by clicking here!!!
DISCLOSURE. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, at no cost to you, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp the outline illustration from Cute Boots Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink on Arches Cold Pressed Watercolor paper. In case you have on hand a stamping positioning tool, impress the image a couple of times to get nice black lines.
- Watercolor the scene with regular watercolors. I used my customized palette filled with Winsor & Newton, Schmincke Horadam and Danliel Smith Extra Fine watercolors.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Desert Storm paper.
- Trim the watercolor piece slightly smaller than the card base and pop it on a foam tape.
- Heat emboss in white onto red the sentiment from the same Cute Boots Stamp Set and adhere it directly on the watercolor piece.
- Finish with a couple of clear droplets glued with Glossy Accents, Nuvo Gloss White Crystal Drops and Nuvo Midnight Sky Glitter Drops.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute and sweet watercolor card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!