Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook Birthday release! I so am excited to be part of the 10 Year Anniversary Celebration with Newton’s Nook Designs! To celebrate this awesome milestone, Newton’s Nook Designs has released many gorgeous birthday themed products this months which the Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new July products will be available for purchase on Thursday, July 20th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Design Team and I are kicking off this anniversary release week with the most adorable Newton’s Birthday Delights Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Newton’s Birthday Delights Die Set. This super fun stacked illustrations also coordinates perfectly with the previously released Bookmark Die Set! And just to stay on topic, there’s the amazing matching Birthday Meows Paper Pad too among the new products!!!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Newton’s Birthday Delights Stamp Set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
Well, today I decided to create a card with a bookmark that the recipient can pull out from the card front and use on its own! I think, it’s such a cute and fun addition to any pater craft project! To keep my bookmark in place on the card base, I partially attached the sentiment and a few gift boxes, leaving enough space to slide the bookmark inside. Please, keep reading the step-by-step instructions below if you want to recreate this fun project!
- Newton’s Birthday Delights Stamp Set
- Newton’s Birthday Delights Die Set
- Birthday Meows Paper Pad
- Bookmark Die Set
- Fancy Edges Tag Die Set
- Square Frames Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the shapes you need, using the coordinating Newton’s Birthday Delights Die Set and Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Newton’s Birthday Delights Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat #1 W00-W0-W1-W3
- cat #2 E0000-E30-E31-E34
- pink RV000-RV00-RV10-RV13
- orange YR0000-YR000-YR00-YR02-YR04
- yellow Y000-Y11-Y19
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG05
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG32
- violet V0000-V000-V01-V12
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from a cream cardstock. I used Lawn Fawn Vanilla Malt cardstock, Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board on my card.
- Trim a striped pattern paper from new Birthday Meows Paper Pad.
- Partially die cut a bookmark from Neenah Solar White paper long enough to fit the card front, using Bookmark Die Set.
- Die cut a fish-tail edge on the bottom side of the bookmark, using Fancy Edges Tag Die Set.
- Add some matching ribbons to the top of the bookmark.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Newton’s Birthday Delights Stamp Set, using VersaMark clear sticky ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Die cut the sentiment with the circle die from Square Frames Die Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front. Use the Therm O Web Tiny Glue Dots to partially adhere the sentiment and the gift boxes, leaving enough space to slide the bookmark inside. I recommend to use the glue dots instead of a liquid glue for this step since you can easily control where to put the glue. Plus the glue dots gives you a tiny amount of space between the card base and the grips and allow to fit inside the bookmark better.
- Finish with a generous coat of a clear glitter pen, a few highlights added with a white gel pen and “glaze” the cake with Moonstone Glimmer Paste from Nuvo.
Would you like to win the “Newton’s Birthday Delights” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Wednesday July 19th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Thursday, July 18th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun birthday card ! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!