Hello and welcome!
To start, I die cut and colored with my copic markers two cute kitties! I tried to keep the colors light and fresh without adding dark tones or making much shading! Then I decided to ink a matching background, choosing the same colors that I already used on the stamps to create a perfect match and tie all the elements together! To add a bit of artsy look, I splatter the background with lots of tiny droplets and then finished with a copule of clear iridescent sequins.
- Newton’s Summer Treats Stamp Set
- Newton’s Summer Treats Die Set
- A7 Frames & Banners Die Set
- Petite Paw Prints Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper two cats, using the coordinating Newton’s Summer Treats Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine or Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Newton’s Summer Treats Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat #1 W00-E70-E71-E74 & T0-T1-T3
- cat #2 E40-E41-E42-E43-E44 & T0-T1-T3
- light pink RV0000-RV000-RV10-RV11
- bright pink RV23-RV25-RV29
- orange YR0000-YR00-YR02-YR04-YR09
- bright yellow Y000-Y13-Y15-Y17
- dark yellow YR30-Y21-YR23
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG05
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper.
- Secure Petite Paw Prints Stencil on the rectangle piece with a low tack tape and ink it with Distress inks, using the blending brushes to achieve a soft and smooth transition between the colors. I used:
- Lift up the stencil and keep inking the background with a lighter hand, using the same shades of Distress inks.
- Splatter the inked pattern with some tiny droplets of a pearlescent solution and inks mixed with a small amount of water.
- Die cut two faux stitched panels from Neenah Solar White paper, using A7 Frames & Banners Die Set.
- Stamp one part of the sentiment from Newton’s Summer Treats Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Then heat emboss in white onto black the other part, using VersaMark clear sticky ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a generous coat of a clear glitter pen, a few highlights added with a white gel pen and three clear iridescent sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute and sweet card ! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!