Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook Birthday release! Thanks so much for joining me today! The Design Team and I keep sharing gorgeous new birthday themed products throughout this 10 Year Anniversary Celebration week!
Please note that all the new July products will be available for purchase on Thursday, July 20th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The second day of the anniversary reveals is filled with the most adorable doggies from new Birthday Barks Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Birthday Barks Die Set! Please note that these amazing illustrations works perfectly with the previously released Bookmark Die Set as well! Plus there’s the wonderful matching Birthday Woofs Paper Pad!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Birthday Barks Stamp Set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
Although I’m a cat lady, the stunning doggy illustrations from the new Birthday Barks Stamp Set have stolen my heart! And the additional small ballon stamp is just a cherry on top – so useful for any birthday paper craft project!
- Birthday Barks Stamp Set
- Birthday Barks Die Set
- Newton’s Birthday Delights Stamp Set
- Newton’s Birthday Delights Die Set
- Balloon Shaker Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the shapes you need, using the coordinating Birthday Barks Die Set, Newton’s Birthday Delights Die Set and Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Birthday Barks Stamp Set and Newton’s Birthday Delights Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- dog #1 E40-E41-E42-E43 & E0000-E00-E01
- dog #2 C00-C1-C3-C5
- dog #3 YR30-YR31-YR23-YR24-YR27
- yellow Y0000-Y32-Y35-Y38
- red R00-R11-R12-R14
- blue/ teal B0000-B000-B00-BG45
- black 100
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board on my card.
- Ink it with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide and Saltwater Taffy Distress inks, using the blending brushes to achieve a soft and smooth result.
- Splatter the background with some tiny droplets of a pearlescent solution, a gold shimmer spray and Candied Apple Distress ink diluted with a small amount of water.
- Die cut a big balloon from the same Neenah Solar White paper, using Balloon Shaker Die Set.
- Ink it with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide inks, using again the blending brushes.
- Splatter the balloon with some tiny droplets of a pearlescent solution. Let it air dry well.
- Heat emboss in rose gold the sentiment from Birthday Barks Stamp Set, using VersaMark clear sticky ink and Simon Says Stamp Ultra Fine Rose Gold embossing powder. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Round the top corners of the card base with Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper Tool.
- Finish with a generous coat of a clear glitter pen, a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some clear iridescent sequins.
Would you like to win the “Birthday Barks” Stamp Set ? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Wednesday July 19th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Thursday, July 18th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun birthday card ! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!