Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook Birthday release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I so am excited to be part of the 9 Year Anniversary Celebration with Newton’s Nook Designs! To celebrate this awesome milestone, Newton’s Nook Designs has released many gorgeous birthday themed products this months which the Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new July products will be available for purchase on Friday, July 15th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
On the second day of the Newton’s Nook Designs birthday release I’m thrilled to introduce you gorgeous new Birthday Oval Stamp Set! It’s big enough to cover the whole extended A2 size card front and filled with many amazing birthday themed illustrations that are already arranged for you, ready to stamp and color! This new stamp set obviously coordinates with the previously released Oval Frames Die Set!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Birthday Oval stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a cheerful watercolor card with a rainbow twist! To make my life easier, I decided to heat emboss the Birthday Oval illustration with a detailed clear embossing powder to create a slightly raised outlines that will prevent the cross contamination of colors! Please, keep reading below for a full step-by step tutorial!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Prep a piece of Strathmore Bristol paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Stamp the birthday oval and the first part of the sentiment from Birthday Oval Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment. Use a stamping positioning tool if you have it in your stash to help you with the arrangement.
- Heat emboss the stamp lines, using a fine detail embossing powder.
- Color the stamp with water based markers. I used KARIN BRUSHMARKER PRO set:
- light pink: 220
- bright pink: 168, 170
- orange 172, 357
- yellow 166, 216, 283
- yellow green: 071, 269
- green 210, 253
- teal: 204
- grey: 277
- Fussy cut the colored oval with the sharp small scissors right against the outline and paint the edge with a black brush tip marker to hide any imperfection due to the fussy cutting.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ panel from Birthday Party Paper Pad.
- Die cut a scalloped circle from a vellum, using Oval Frames Die Set.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the second part of the sentiment from Birthday Oval Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Shape the heat embossed sentiment into a fish-tail banner, using again the sharp small scissors.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements by using tiny glue dots for the vellum to prevent it from warping and a foam tape for a fun dimensional look. Don’t forget to tie a black twine before adding the birthday oval.
- Finish with a couple of sparkling white rhinestones adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Would you like to win the “Birthday Oval” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday July 14th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday July 15th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this bright birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!