Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook Birthday release! I so am excited to be part of the 9 Year Anniversary Celebration with Newton’s Nook Designs! To celebrate this awesome milestone, Newton’s Nook Designs has released many gorgeous birthday themed products this months which the Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new July products will be available for purchase on Friday, July 15th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Design Team is kicking off this birthday release week with the most adorable Birthday Mice Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Birthday Mice Die Set! Plus there’re a new amazing two layers Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set and a wonderful Birthday Party Paper Pad filled with lots of bright designs!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Birthday Mice stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a cheesy birthday card that perfectly matches the super cute mice from Birthday Mice Stamp Set! I used the yellow patterned paper from the new Birthday Party Paper Pad to create a quick and easy background for my copic colored illustrations!
- Birthday Mice Stamp Set
- Birthday Mice Die Set
- Birthday Party Paper Pad
- Circle Frames Die Set
- Frames Squared Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Birthday Mice Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Birthday Mice Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- mice W00-W1-W3-W5 & C2
- yellow Y000-Y13-Y21-Y35-YR23
- red R0000-R00-R01-R02-R05-R46
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG23-BG13
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ yellow panel from Birthday Party Paper Pad.
- Die cut three holes inside the yellow paper with the circle dies from Circle Frames Die Set and Frames Squared Die Set.
- Place the yellow panel on the card front and mark the spot for the sentiment with a pencil.
- Stamp the sentiment from Birthday Mice Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink directly on the card front.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements by popping them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen and a couple of clear sparkling sequins.
Would you like to win the “Birthday Mice Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday July 14th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday July 15th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun cheesy birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!