Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the Newton’s Nook Birthday reveals! Thanks so much for joining me! Today I keep sharing more new stuff from the Newton’s Nook Designs 9 Year Anniversary Celebration release! To celebrate this awesome milestone, Newton’s Nook Designs has designed many gorgeous birthday themed products!
Please note that all the new July products will be available for purchase on Friday, July 15th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
Cuteness overloads on my blog today with the most adorable Sky High Celebrations Stamp Set filled with two big illustrations. Both new designs are purr-fectly suitable for many occasions and have the cutest pets too! In case you’re interested, there’s the coordinating Sky High Celebrations Die Set.
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Sky High Celebrations stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a fun watercolor card with Distress background filled with lots of balloons from new Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set!
- Sky High Celebrations Stamp Set
- Sky High Celebrations Die Set
- Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set
- Birthday Party Paper Pad
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Sky High Celebrations Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Sky High Celebrations Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with water based markers. I used on this card ZIG CLEAN COLOUR REAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- n.21 Light Carmine
- n.22 Carmine Red
- n.23 Scarlet Red
- n.24 Wine Red
- n.25 Pink
- n.26 Light Pink
- n.28 Pale Pink
- n.32 Persian Blue
- n.36 Light Blue
- n.42 Turquoise Green
- n.50 Yellow
- n.51 Lemon Yellow
- n.52 Bright Yellow
- n.61 Light Brown
- n.62 Dark Brown
- n.70 Orange
- n.71 Flesh Colour
- n.72 Beige
- n.94 Gray Brown
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Take a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock and ink in at an angle with Prize Ribbon, Salvaged Patina and Cracked Pistachio Distress ink, using a blending brush for a soft and smooth transition of colors.
- Secure the layer #1 of the Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set with a low tack tape on the inked background and ink the balloon with the same shades of Distress inks that you used before, using a heavier hand.
- Splatter the inked background with some droplets of a clear shimmer spray and Prize Ribbon Distress ink diluted with a small amount of water. Let the paper air dry or heat set it with a heat gun.
- Secure the layer #2 of the Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set with a low tack tape on the inked background and spread a thin layer of a white embossing paste all across.
- Stamp the sentiment from Sky High Celebrations Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink.
- Trim a narrow piece of the colored striped pattern paper from Birthday Party Paper Pad.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base by popping them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen.
Would you like to win the “Bokeh Balloons” Stencil Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday July 14th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday July 15th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!