Hello and welcome!
I’m super excited to be featured on SugarPea Designs blog!!! Today I came out with a simple and yet colorful birthday card featuring a couple of recently release stamps and dies! Working on this project, I started backwards, creating the card base and the vibrant inked background first. Then I added a big die cut sentiment in the center and only at this point continued with colorful candles. Having the background color laid down and the biggest element glued in place helped me to figure out better what additional colors to use, how many extra elements to add and how to arrange them.
- Birthday Wishes Stamp Set
- Birthday Candles SugarCut
- Birthday Script SugarCut
- Stitched Rectangles SugarCut
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a piece of Bristol paper approximately the same size as a card front.
- Ink in with Blueprint Sketch Distress, Mermaid Lagoon Distress and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink. Use the blending brushes for a smooth result.
- Flick some some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add more interest to the background.
- Frame the inked piece with Stitched Rectangles SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Die cut three times Birthday Script SugarCut from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Stack all three layers together with a liquid adhesive that dries clear and matte like Distress Collage Medium Matte. Use the negative part of the die to achieve a perfect alignment.
- Glue the Birthday Script SugarCut in the center of the inked rectangle.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a bunch of candles and flames, using Birthday Candles SugarCut.
- Stamp the candles and the flames from Birthday Wishes Stamp Set with dye inks, chose two (light and dark) shades for each color to create an ombré effect. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool. I used:
- yellow Simon Says Stamp Lemon Chiffon & Hero Arts Butter Bar
- orange Simon Says Stamp Melon & Hero Arts Orange Soda
- green Memento New Sprout & Simon Hurley Overzealous
- pink Hero Arts Soft Pink & Simon Hurley Rosy Cheeks
- red Simon Says Stamp Tiny Bikini & Simon Hurley Bee Sting
- Arrange and glue in place the candles, using a foam tape and Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Cut off the excess with the sharp small scissors.
- Pop the background on a foam tape in the center of the card front.
- Finish with a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and some clear sparkling sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope this colorful birthday card will inspire you! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!