Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
When beginner crafters ask me: what dies should I buy first to start building my collection? I have no doubts to answer: nested circle dies are a must have in any crafty stash! First you just cannot fussy cut a perfect circle with scissors! Then it’s a great investment since you will be reaching to circle dies over and over again, creating different layouts and working on shaped cards! Heffy Doodle has a wonderful set of Stitched Circles Dies in their range of products. It’s a massive set of 11 nested circle dies with stitching effect on both the inside and the outside of the cutting line.
Well, today I decided to stretch even more simple Stitched Circles Dies and came up with an easy interactive rocker project! All you need to recreate this card is two circle dies: the first slightly bigger for the card base and the second just a bit smaller for the card front!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- You Go, Gull Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- You Go, Gull Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Stitched Circles Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Breaking Waves Border Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the element you need, using the coordinating You Go, Gull Dies and Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from You Go, Gull Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- seagulls W00-W0-W1-W3-W5 and Y13-Y15-Y17
- green bottle G20-G40-G43
- paper message T0-T1-T3
- sand YR20-YR30-YR31-YR24-YR27
- cork E40-E43
- buoy R000-R00-R11-R12-R14
- Die cut a Stitched Circle from Neenah Solar White paper and score it in half to form the card base.
- Die cut a slightly smaller circle for the card front and ink a cloudy sky all across, using the edge of the Cloudy Skies Stencil, Pumice Stone Distress ink and the blending brush.
- Splatter the sky piece with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray.
- Partially die cut two other circles and shape the top edges with a stitched wavy die from Breaking Waves Border Dies.
- Ink the wavy layers with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks.
- Splatter some tiny droplets of water, a clear shimmer spray and a white gouache to add more interest to the inked background.
- Stamp the sentiment toward the top of the sky piece with the same Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish a couple of highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute rocker card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!