Hello there and happy Friday!!!
Thanks so much for joining me! Today I played with and stretched beautiful big floral Hello Love Stamp Set and used it in a very creative way on a small slimline card!
Instead of making a long coloring, I started with heat embossing and fussy cutting a couple of flowers and leaves. Then I took advantage of the raised heat embossed lines to add colors very quickly using an emboss resist technique. Plus I FINALLY got my hands on new colors from Distress collection of inks so I just cannot escape testing them.
Don’t forget that I have a coupon code for you to use at Crafty Meraki online store. You can redeem 10% off your entire purchase by using “TATIANA10OFF” at the checkout.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
USE “TATIANA10OFF” COUPON CODE AT THE CHECKOUT ON CRAFTY MERAKI WEB SITE TO GET A 10% DISCOUNT OF YOUR PURCHASE.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Put a generous coat of an antistatic powder on a piece of a Bristol Paper, ink the flower cluster from Love Forever Stamp Set with VersaMark clear sticky ink ink and stamp the image. If you use a stamping positioning tool, impress the image a couple of times to achieve solid outlines.
- Sprinkle a white detailed embossing powder all across the stamped flowers and leaves, heat set the powder with a heat gun.
- Ink and heat emboss again the small leaf two times following the same steps.
- Partially fussy cut two flowers and leaves with the sharp small scissors right against the stamp lines.
- Ink the flowers and leaves with (use blending brushes for a soft and smooth transition of colors):
- pink flower Picked Raspberry Distress and Kitsch Flamingo Distress inks;
- yellow flower Spice Marmalade Distress and Mustard Seeds Distress inks;
- leaves Rustic Wilderness Distress and Twisted Citron Distress inks.
- Die cut the shadow layer of Hugs Shadow Word Para-Die from a vellum and the positive word layer from Neenah Solar White paper. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Die cut the background, using Flirty Wings Slimline Para-Dies and a cream cardstock.
- Stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink the word “Friend” from Hello Love Stamp Set and fussy cut it with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Trim and score a small slimline card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim to 6″ long the Flirty Wings background and adhere it directly on the card front with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Pop on a foam tape the flowers and leaves.
- Add the vellum shadow layer with tiny glue dots and then glue on top the positive white sentiment with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Finish with “Friend” word popped on a foam tape.
- Embellish the card with a couple of clear sparkling sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That’s all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!