Hello and welcome!
I am so excited and happy to guest designing for Heffy Doodle this month! Thanks so much Heffy Doodle for this wonderful opportunity!!!
My first card features super adorable Popping By Stamp Set and Happy Birthday Shadow Die from Heffy Doodle’s latest release. I mixed and matched both products on a sweet small slimline birthday card, creating a soft ink blended background embellished with stamped small confetti illustrations and a pop of rainbow colors added with copic markers!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- Popping By Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle, Scrapbook, Crafty Meraki)
- Happy Birthday Shadow Heffy Cuts (available at Heffy Doodle, Scrapbook, Crafty Meraki)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need from Popping By Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the images a couple of times to achieve black and crisp outlines.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors right against the outlines.
- Color all the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- orange YR000-YR00-YR02-YR04-YR07
- pink RV0000-RV00-RV10-RV13
- red R0000-R00-R11-R12-R14
- violet BV0000-BV00-BV02
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG34
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01
- yellow Y0000-Y00-Y11-Y15
- grey W00-W0-W1-W3-W5
- cake YR30-YR20-Y21
- Paint the stamp edges with a black brush nib marker to hide all the imperfections due to the fussy cutting.
- Die cut Happy Birthday Shadow Heffy Cuts three times: two from a black cardstock and one from Neenah Solar White paper. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Die cut the shadow layer from vellum.
- Glue together all the layers with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Trim and score a small slimline card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper for the background.
- Ink it with Tattered Rose Distress, Spun Sugar Distress, Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks. Use blending brushes for a soft and smooth result.
- Stamp small confetti images from Popping By Stamp Set all across the inked background with the same Distress inks.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a white gouache.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements. Pop some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of a clear glitter pen and some highlight accents added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!