Hello and welcome!
I’m super excited to be featured on SugarPea Designs blog!!! Today I came up with a die cut project, adding some cheerful rainbow colors and a bit of sparkle and shine. This is my second card created with the same bundle of products, revealed on day 5 of the SPD latest release. I reassembled the same elements in a different way compared to the previous card as I wished to bring you more inspiration and ideas featuring these beautiful newbies. Did you miss the post I’m talking about? You can catch it up HERE!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle, align and tape well with a removable tape Gradient Stripes Stencil on top and roughly apply Distress Crackle Paste. Let the paste air dry.
- Adhere the stenciled rectangle in the center of the card front with a foam tape.
- Trace a circle with a pencil to use as a guide for the wreath.
- Partially die cut a bunch of berry branches from colorful cardstock, using Botanical Branches SugarCut. I used Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine and the cardstock from The Stamp Market brand in colors:
- Cotton Candy
- Melon Orange
- Cactus Green
- Sea Glass
- Tropic Teal
- Fresh Pink
- Arrange and glue in place all the die cut branches with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Die cut Enjoy Word SugarCut three times: two times from a plain white cardstock plus another layer from a golden glitter paper. I used DCWV Glitter Cardstock.
- Die cut the shadow piece from a vellum, using the same Enjoy Word SugarCut.
- Stack all the layers together.
- Cut apart “Enjoy Your Day” sentiment from Birthday Wishes Stamp Set, using the sharp small scissors, and heat emboss in white onto black only “Your Day” words.
- Pop both parts of the sentiment on a foam tape.
That’s all for today! Hope this lovely project with a rainbow twist will inspire you! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!