Thanks so much for joining me! Crafty Meraki turns one this month! Huge congrats to the sweet Bindu (the owner)! I’m so happy to jump in the celebration of their first anniversary! Crafty Meraki will be coming up new fantastic products every Monday this month starting today on the 10th of May, with a grand finale release and YouTube hop on the 31st. There will be a lot of fun throughout this month with games, giveaways and amazing surprises to celebrate the first birthday. So stay tuned and also be sure to follow the hashtag #merakiversary on Instagram.
My first card is filled with cute critters from The Legend Stamp Set who celebrate the upcoming Father’s Day. I also played with new amazing Dad Shadow Word Die and built the sentiment pairing together the heat embossed words with the die to bring some fun texture and movement.
Don’t forget that I have a coupon code for you to use at Crafty Meraki online store. You can redeem 10% off your entire purchase by using “TATIANA10OFF“ at the checkout.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
USE “TATIANA10OFF” COUPON CODE AT THE CHECKOUT ON CRAFTY MERAKI WEB SITE TO GET A 10% DISCOUNT OF YOUR PURCHASE.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp the foxes and the bunnies from The Legend Stamp Set on Neenah Solar White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. In case you have on hand, use a stamping positioning tool to impress the stamps a couple of time and achieve black solid outlines.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors right against the stamp lines. In case you’re interested, you can get the coordinating The Legend Die Set and die cut the critters.
- Color all the critters with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- fox dad YR000-YR00-YR02-YR04-YR27 plus Y35
- fox son YR30-YR31-YR04 plus Y17
- bunnies W00-W0-W1-W4
- shading on white parts C00-C1-C3
- ears RV00-RV13
- violet balloon V0000-V01-V04
- green balloon YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG05
- Color the edges of the stamps with a black brush marker to hide any imperfection due to the fussy cutting.
- Die cut the word dad from Dad Shadow Word Die three times: two layers from a black cardstock and one – from Neenah Solar White paper. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Stack all three layers together with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiments from The Legend Stamp Set.
- Trim and score a slimline card base (8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle for the background, tape well with a removable tape the Slimline Masking Squares Stencil on top and ink the square windows with Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch Distress inks.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a couple of clear sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That’s all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!