Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook February release! Thanks so much for joining me today because I’ll be sharing two new wonderful spring stamp sets!
All the new February products will be available for purchase on Friday, February 19h at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The first day of the release has reserved us amazing new spring addition to the NND “Circle Card Front” product line! The new stamp set is called Spring Roundabout and, as all other products from this line, it coordinates perfectly with already existing Circle Frames Die and Banner Trio Die sets. I’m a great fan of stencils that’s why I’m so excited to see two new wonderful entries to the NND stencil family with Basketweave Stencil and Bunny Tails Stencil Set. Both new products work really great on all spring cards!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Hoppy Greetings stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
No need to tell you that I’m a huge fan of adorable critters and was so happy to get my little crafty hands on new cuties! I kept both cards clean and simple and just highlighted the amazing illustrations with basic coloring, using regular watercolors with Hoppy Greetings set and copic markers on fun Hare Mail.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Fabriano Extra White Hot Pressed Watercolor paper all the shapes you need for this card, using the coordinating Hoppy Greetings Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Short Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline images from Hoppy Greetings Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with regular watercolors. I used my customized palette filled with Daniel Smith Extra Fine, Schmincke Horadam and Winsor & Newton Professional watercolors.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Hoppy Greetings Stamp Set.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Ink the card front through new just released yesterday Basketweave Stencil with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink.
- Lift up the stencil and ink the paper again with a lighter hand. Use the ink blending brushes for a nice and soft look.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a pearlescent solution and a white gouache to add more interest to the background.
- Trim a rectangle from Neenah Solar White paper and pop it on a foam tape to the bottom part of the card front.
- Arrange all the colored stamps and the sentiment and secure them in place with a foam tape to add a bit of interest.
- Finish with a couple of clear sparkling sequins.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Copic X-Press paper all the shapes you need for this card, using the coordinating Hare Mail Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Short Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline images from Hare Mail Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the hare with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- hare C00-C1-C4-C5
- ears and cheeks RV00-RV10-RV02
- envelope B0000-B000-B32-B34-B37
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Hare Mail Stamp Set.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper the stamp edged rectangle using Framework Die Set.
- Trim a slightly smaller pink rectangle and ink it with Hero Arts Soft Pink dye ink through layer #1 of new Bunny Tails Stencil Set.
- Align layer #2 of Bunny Tails Stencil Set and add the tails using a white embossing paste. Let the embossing paste air dry well.
- Adhere two layers together and partially die cut the heart using Heart Frames Die Set.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from a light blue cardstock.
- Assemble all the elements together popping them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of a clear glitter pen and a few sequins.
Would you like to win the “Hoppy Greetings” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday February 18th at 9pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, February 19th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like these cute and sweet cards! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!