Hello and welcome!
Today I’m squeezing a winter themed, but non holiday card that features a couple of my favorite stamps by Purple Onion Designs. When I’m was putting away my holiday and winter collections, I decided to use some illustrations once again and create a birthday card!
I decided to create a fresh light aqua background from a plain colorful cardstock for this card. Then I heat embossed a tone-on-tone pattern with a bit of shimmer just for something little extra. I was not sure what to do with the sentiment since white didn’t look good on the card front. So I simply add a bit of color with copic markers, using a blue-violet shade that already was present on the stamps. It gave that perfect finish touch and tied all the elements together.
- PURPLE ONION DESIGNS STAMPS:
- Presley (Penguin sitting)
- Let It Snow Background
- Snow Much Fun Sentiment Set
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLIES:
- Simon Says Stamp Abby Snowflake Die
- Simon Says Stamp Alexis Snowflake Die
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Snowman and Presley (Penguin sitting) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- penguin gray C00-C1-C3-C5-C7 & Y17-YR04-YR09
- snowman BG0000-BG10 & E31-E35
- pink RV0000-RV000-RV52-RV55-RV04-RV17-RV19-RV69
- teal BG70-BG72-BG75
- green YG00-YG01-YG06-YG23-YG25-YG67
- purple BV0000-BV31-BV02
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a light blue cardstock. I used Concord & 9th Aqua Sky cardstock.
- Prep the background with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Heat emboss Let It Snow Background, using VersaMark clear sticky ink and WOW Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Glitter.
- Die cut Simon Says Stamp Abby Snowflake Die and Simon Says Stamp Alexis Snowflake Die from a white glitter cardstock. I used DCWV Glitter Cardstock pad and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and cute birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!