Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a SWEET birthday card that features amazing Made From Scratch Stamp Set.
I kept everything quite simple by stamping and fussy cutting lots of bake themed elements from Made From Scratch Stamp Set. Then I inked a gradient pink heart background and arranged the copic colored stamps starting from the left side of the card front.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need from Made From Scratch Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the illustrations a couple of times to get black and crisp outlines.
- Color the stamp with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- pink RV0000-RV000-RV00-RV10-RV13
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG13
- red R30-R32-R35
- brown E0000-E30-E31-E34
- gray C00-C1-C3
- Fussy cut the stamps with the sharp small scissors right against the stamp lines.
- Paint the stamp edges with a black brush tip marker to hide any imperfection due to the fussy cutting.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper.
- Secure the Tumbling Hearts Stencil with a low tack tape on the background piece and ink it with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide ink, using a blending brush.
- Lift up the stencil and keep inking the background with the same Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide ink with a lighter hand.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny dots of water or pearlescent solution to add a bit of interest.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Made From Scratch Stamp Set. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Fussy cut the sentiment with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little edge around.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some clear sparkling sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet card ! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!