Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a cute holiday card that features “old”, but one of my ever favorites Newton’s Curious Christmas Stamp Set.
Today’s project turned out as a cute winter scene with a simple copic coloring and a colorful inked background! I paired the white falling snow applied through Petite Snow Stencil with a white embossing paste with the crystal glitter glue drops to create a fun effect and add a bit of holiday cheer!
- Newton’s Curious Christmas Stamp Set
- Newton’s Curious Christmas Die Set
- Snow Globe Scenes Stamp Set
- Snow Globe Scene Die Set
- Land Borders Die Set
- Petite Snow Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Newton’s Curious Christmas Die Set, Snow Globe Scene Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Newton’s Curious Christmas Stamp Set and Snow Globe Scenes Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamp with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35 & ears R000-R00
- red R30-R32-R35-R37
- teal BG000-BG02-BG05-BG07
- blue B0000-B00-B01
- green G20-G21-G24-G28
- orange Y15-YR04
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a Bristol cardstock since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah one.
- Ink the rectangle with Distress Oxide inks from the top part, using the blending brushes and creating an ombré sky background. I used:
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny dots of a clear shimmer spray or water.
- Secure Petite Snow Stencil with a low tack tape on the inked sky and spread a white dimensional paste on the top area. Lift up the stencil and let it air dry.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper two snow hills, using Land Borders Die Set.
- Ink the top edge of the hills with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, using a very light hand.
- Stamp the sentiment from Snow Globe Scenes Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some sparkling accents applied with a glitter glue.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday scene! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!