Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me! Today I’m sharing another holiday card that features wonderful stamps from Purple Onion Designs illustrated by Julian Charlton! Inspired by non-traditional Christmas colors from Nutcracker Ballet Ombre Paper Glaze Set, I decided to try pinks instead of reds and more muted greens on this project. Hope you like it!
- PURPLE ONION DESIGNS STAMPS:
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLIES:
- Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Slimline Scenery Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Evergreens Stencil
- Paper Glaze – Nutcracker Ballet Ombre Set – 3 Pack
- Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mix (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Unicorn Dreams Embellishment Mix (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Elliot & Marcel – Holiday Shopping Stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut the stamp with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color the illustration with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- elephant W00-W0-W1-W3-W5-W7
- chimp E000-E30-E31-E33-E35 & E0000-E02
- pink RV0000-RV000-RV00-RV10-RV13-RV14
- green G20-G21-G24-G28
- grey N1-N3
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut a stitched frame from the same Neenah Solar White paper, using Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Die cut a snow hill from Neenah Solar White paper, using Slimline Scenery Dies.
- Trim a rectangle slightly smaller than the card front from any white cardstock and spread the shade A of the paper glaze from Nutcracker Ballet Ombre Set starting from one side and the shade B from the other, blending them together in the center. Help yourself with the palette knives. Let the embossing glaze air dry well.
- Secure Evergreens Stencil with a low tack tape to the glazed background and spread the shade C of the paper glaze from Nutcracker Ballet Ombre Set all across.
- Heat emboss in white onto vellum the sentiment from Elliot & Marcel – Holiday Shopping Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look. Use the tiny glue dots for the vellum strip.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some matching sequins from Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mix and Unicorn Dreams Embellishment Mix.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!