Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me! Today I’m sharing another holiday card featuring a couple of my favorite stamps from Purple Onion Designs. This time I picked a couple of cuties from different collections designed by Stacey Yacula!
My card turned out as a sweet winter scene! I kept everything clean and simple just highlighting the wonderful illustrations by basic copic coloring! I haven’t had a winter snowy trees in my stash so I picked an ordinary pine tree stamp and then hand draw the snow. It was super quick and easy since I had to add just some curved lines!
- PURPLE ONION DESIGNS STAMPS:
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLIES:
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Blaze (Skiing Skunk), Ember (Skiing Bunny) and Single Pine Tree Stamp five time with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut the stamp with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Hand draw the snow on the trees with a pencil.
- Color the illustrations with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- bunny W00-W1-W3 & R00-R20
- skunk E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35 & R00-R20
- snow B000-B01
- red R30-R32-R35-R37
- green G20-G21-G24-G28
- teal BG10-BG11-BG13
- blue BG000-BG02-BG05-BG07
- violet V000-V01-V04
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a Bristol cardstock since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah one.
- Ink the rectangle with Distress inks, starting from top and using the blending brushes:
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny dots of a clear shimmer spray or water.
- Secure Petite Snow Stencil with a low tack tape on the inked sky and spread a white dimensional paste all across. Lift up the stencil and let it air dry.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper two snow hills, using Slimline Scenery Dies.
- Ink the top edge of the hills with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, using a very light hand.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Furry Friends Sentiment Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some shiny accents by applying Glossy Accents and sprinkling the glitter on top.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!