Hello and welcome to the final day of the Newton’s Nook Birthday reveals! Thanks so much for joining me throughout this week and for all your nice and sweet comments!!! I was so excited to be part of the 9 Year Anniversary Celebration with Newton’s Nook Designs! To celebrate this awesome milestone, Newton’s Nook Designs has released many gorgeous birthday themed products this months! Hope you like them as much as I’m!
Please note that all the new July products will be available for purchase on Friday, July 15th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
I cannot escape stretching more GORGEOUS Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set revealed on day 1! Balloons are one of my ever favorite designs and just make me happy! So I came up with a cheerful and bright rainbow birthday card for you today!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Bokeh Balloons stencil set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
Since my background was filled with so many bright colors, I decided to keep the layout very simple and just add a bit of dimension die cutting a stitched circle in the center of the card front! Instead of making a shaker window, I simply adhered lots of sparkling embellishments inside the circle, arranging them in visual triangles!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim another 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ panel from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Secure the layer #1 from Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set on the white panel with a low tack tape and ink it with Distress inks, using the blending brushes to achieve a soft and smooth blending. I used the following shades (starting from top):
- Lift up the layer #1 of Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set, align the layer #2, using the guide lines on the stencil and secure it with a low tack tape.
- Ink the the layer #2 of Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set with the same Distress ink shades that you used before, keeping your hand much lighter this time. Remove the stencil.
- Die cut a stitched circle in the center of the inked rectangle, using Circle Frames Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Stamp the sentiment from Birthday Essentials Stamp Set in the center of the die cut circle with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the stamp a couple of times to achieve a black bold impression.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping the outer frame on a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with lots of clear sparkling sequins and silver glitter rhinestones, adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Would you like to win the “Bokeh Balloons” Stencil Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday July 14th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday July 15th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this bright rainbow birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!