Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I’m focusing on the super cute farm critters from Udderly Fabulous Stamp Set! I love the pun inside this set for belated birthday wishes since I’m always late to send my cards! Working on this card, I kept in mind the theme of the current Heffy Doodle’s monthly challenge – “Radian Rainbows”. Please, feel free to check more about the challenge by clicking HERE! I hope you’ll be inspired to jump in and submit your project in the Heffy Doodle Facebook group! As for my card, I liked the idea to add a pop of bright rainbow colors to the farm scene to make it look happy and festive! So I added a couple of birthday accessories from different stamp sets! I decided to keep the background quite simple since I was afraid to overwhelm the card front and added the matching stamped sentiment directly on the background!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Udderly Fabulous Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Farmyard Fun Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Farmyard Fun Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Popping By Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle, Scrapbook.com, Crafty Meraki)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Udderly Fabulous Dies, Farmyard Fun Dies, Popping By Dies, Highland Honeys Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Udderly Fabulous Stamp Set, Farmyard Fun Stamp Set, Popping By Stamp Set and Highland Honeys Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cows E50-E51-E53-E55-E57 & W00-W1-W3 & YR30-Y32-YR12 & T1-T3-T5-T7
- hay YR20-YR21-YR23-YR24
- red R0000-R00-R01-R20-R21-R22-R24
- blue B0000-B00-B01-B02
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG34
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG05
- yellow Y0000-Y13-Y18
- orange YR0000-YR000-YR00-YR12-YR14
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock.
- Secure the Simple Sunburst Stencil with a low tack tape on the card front and ink the open areas with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink, using the blending brush to achieve a soft and smooth result.
- Lift up the stencil and keep inking the whole background, using the same Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink with a lighter hand.
- Die cut from Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock the grass portion, using a curvy stitched die from Slimline Scenery Die Set, and ink it with Twisted Citron Distress ink, helping yourself again with the blending brush.
- Splatter the inked background, using Twisted Citron Distress ink diluted with a small amount of water and a regular water brush.
- Stamp the sentiment from Udderly Fabulous Stamp Set on the inked green panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Die cut twice from Neenah Solar White paper the Fence Border Die and stack both layers together with Glubert – Craft Glue.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of clear sparkling sequins, a generous coat of a clear glitter pen and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you this fun and cute birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!