Hello and welcome!
Thank so much for joining me today! I’m sharing a fun and cute keep birthday card that features the new and absolutely gorgeous “A Special Day” Collection of rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs released in celebration of Stacey Yacula’s 10th year illustrating stamps for the company!
- Melody (Fox singing)
- Gillian’s Gear Set (Music Notes, Instruments, Briefcase & Pom Pom)
- Woodland Floor Set (tree stumps & mushrooms)
- Flora & Fauna Set (Flowers & Butterflies)
- Bloom No. 2 – Daisy
- Let’s Celebrate Sentiment Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Melody (fox singing), a trumpet from Gillian’s Gear Set, a stump from Woodland Floor Set, some flowers from Flora & Fauna Set and Bloom No. 2 – Daisy with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- orange YR0000-YR000-YR61-YR65-YR68-YR09
- grey W00-W0-W1-W2-W3
- pink R000-R12
- brown E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- teal BG10-Bg11-BG23-BG49
- violet V000-V12-V15
- yellow Y00-Y11-Y18
- green G20-G21-G24-G28
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a card front, using SugarPea Designs Musical Cover Plate and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Ink the center of the die cut panel with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink, using a blending brush to achieve a smooth result.
- Splatter the background with some tiny droplets of Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink diluted with a small amount of water.
- Die cut a speech bubble from a black cardstock, using Speech Bubbles Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Let’s Celebrate Sentiment Set onto the banner with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen and a couple of clear iridescent sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and cute birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!