Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today since I’m showcasing some new products from the Heffy Doodle amazing new April release!
Today I’ve popped in to give you a peek on a couple of amazing new stamps and dies paired together in a simple and colorful card! Working on the background, I started with two pieces of green cardstock instead of plain white paper and then darkened the corners with Distress inks to give more depth and interest. The cute lion was colored with copic markers and the stunning big “Go Wild” sentiment was die cut from a white glittery paper just for something little extra!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Mane Squeeze Stamp Set
- Mane Squeeze Dies
- Go Wild (A2) Frame Dies
- Wild At Heart Sentiments Stamp Set
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Friendly Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 2 (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert – Craft Glue (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Alcohol Friendly Cardstock the lion shape , using the coordinating Mane Squeeze Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative part of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Mane Squeeze Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative part of the die as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamp with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ rectangle from Kiwi Crush cardstock.
- Die cut a leaf frame from Go Wild (A2) Frame Dies, using the same Kiwi Crush cardstock and ink the outer edge with Mowed Lawn Distress and Rustic Wilderness Distress inks.
- Glue in place both green layers and splatter them with some tiny droplets of a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water.
- Die cut the shadow layer of “Go Wild!” sentiment from a vellum.
- Die cut the “Go Wild!” sentiment from a scrap white cardstock and a white glitter paper. Stack both layers together with Glubert – Craft Glue.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Wild At Heart Sentiments Stamp Set, using VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink and a heat gun. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!