Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook April release! I’m so excited you’ve joined me today and can’t wait to share with you all the stunning new products!
All the new April products will be available for purchase on Friday, April 22nd at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Design Team is kicking off this spring release week with the most adorable Cycling Friends Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Cycling Friends Die Set! Besides, there’s a wonderful new addition to the NND stencil line of products with amazing Tree Line Stencil that allows to create fun multi colors patterns.
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Cycling Friends stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a cheerful and bright spring scene with two Cycling Friends having fun on a sunny day! I colored all the illustration with copic markers and then created a fun scene around using both stencils and dies paired with Distress inks and absolutely wonderful sentiment that was simply stamped on the card front.
- Cycling Friends Stamp Set
- Cycling Friends Die Set
- Tree Line Stencil
- Sky Borders Die Set
- Land Borders Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Cycling Friends Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Cycling Friends Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat YR30-YR31-YR21-YR24-YR2 & R20
- dog E000-E50-E51-E53-E55-E57 & R20
- yellow Y00-Y13-Y18
- orange YR000-YR61-YR65-YR68-YR07
- pink RV000-RV10-RV52-RV55-RV17
- green YG01-YG03-YG17
- teal BG0000-BG11-BG52-BG57
- grey W00-W0-W3-W5-W7
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Ink the card front with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, using the blending brushes and a very light hand.
- Add the trees on top by inking new Tree Line Stencil with Twisted Citron Distress (the foliage layer), Mowed Lawn Distress (the leaves) and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks (the tree trunks).
- Die cut the clouds from Sky Borders Die Set and ink them with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink.
- Die cut the hills and grass from Land Borders Die Set and ink them with Twisted Citron Distress ink.
- Pop on a foam tape all the scene elements and splatter them with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray.
- Stamp the sentiment from Cycling Friends Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Finally arrange and glue in place the colored stamps.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen.
Would you like to win the “Cycling Friends” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday April 21st at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday April 22nd.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cheerful and bright card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!