Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
I’m so excited to get my hands on the Heffy Doodle’s new GORGEOUS fall release and my today’s card, as you can guess, features a couple of my favorite recently released goodies! I came out with a cheerful and colorful birthday card focusing on hilarious
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Big Stitched Clouds Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- WooHoo – Shadow Heffy Cuts (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Bed Heads Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Bed Heads Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Neenah Solar White Paper
- MISTI Stamping Positioning Tool
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White and Neenah Desert Storm paper all the pieces using Hot Air Balloon Dies and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Split the balloon into five pieces with the curve dies from Hot Air Balloon Set. Use a craft mat to help yourself with the alignment and Heffy Memo Tape to hold the dies in place while you run them inside the die cutting machine.
- Ink the parts of the hot air balloon with Distress inks, creating an ombré effect with the blending brushes. I used from left to right:
- Die cut another balloon shape from a scrap cardstock and glue in place all the inked parts using Glubert – Craft Glue.
- Ink a piece of a Bristol cardstock for the sky background since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah Solar White paper. I used the blending brushes and Distress inks (starting from bottom):
- Frame the sky part with Imperial Stitched Rectangles Die.
- Splatter the balloon and the sky elements with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and colorful inks to add more interest.
- Die cut a few clouds from Neenah Solar White paper using Big Stitched Clouds Dies.
- Die cut three times WooHoo – Shadow Heffy Cuts: two times from a scrap cardstock and one – from a white glitter paper. Stack all three layers together. I used DCWV Glitter Cardstock.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a bear shape, using the coordinating Bed Heads Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative part of the die.
- Stamp the bear illustrations from Bed Heads Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative part of the die as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the bear with COPIC MARKERS: E0000-E30-E31-E33 & R11-R12.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Chimply The Best Stamp Set .
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cheerful and bright birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!