Hello and welcome!
I’m super excited to be featured on SugarPea Designs blog!!! Today I’m sending you summer vibes with a cute birthday pirate card featuring new amazing Captain of My Heart Stamp Set. I stretched a little the wavy die from Nautical Notions SugarCut, first extending it to create sea background and then using partial die cutting to create a central cut in the sea area. I also made my own colorful vellum for the waves, adding the light blue shade with Distress Oxide ink.
- Captain of My Heart Stamp Set
- Captain of My Heart SugarCut
- Nautical Notions SugarCut
- Sunburst Stencil
- Stitched Rectangles SugarCut
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Copic X-Press paper all the elements you need for your card, using the coordinating Captain of My Heart SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Captain of My Heart Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- skin E000-E00-E01-E11-E13
- hair E50-E53-E57
- hat T1-T3-T5-T7
- barrel E40-E41-E42-E43-E44 plus C00-C0-C1-C3
- pink RV63-RV55-RV17-RV19
- green YG0000-YG01-YG23-YG25-YG67
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG13-BG15
- yellow Y35
- Trim and score a small slimline A2 size card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut from the same Neenah Solar White paper a slightly smaller faux stitched rectangle extending the approximately 3″ wide die from Stitched Rectangles SugarCut.
- Ink the Sun scene through Sunburst Stencil with Squeezed Lemonade Distress, Mustard Seeds Distress and Abandoned Coral Distress inks.
- Lift up the stencil and add more Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink all across with a lighter hand. Use the blending brushes for a smooth and soft result.
- Flick some some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add more interest to the background.
- Stamp the sentiment from Captain of My Heart Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Partially die cut from a vellum two rectangles, using the same die from Stitched Rectangles SugarCut.
- Add wavy borders to the vellum with Nautical Notions SugarCut, extending the small wavy die:
- Add a partially die cut wave to the smaller vellum piece, using the same Nautical Notions SugarCut.
- Ink both vellum layers from the back side with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink. Uniformly fill the whole area with the blending brush, keeping your hand light. Wipe off the excess of the ink with a cloth.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements, by popping the background on foam tape and adhering the vellum parts with the glue dots to achieve a nice and clean result.
- Hide the glue dots marks underneath the vellum with sequins glued with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Finish with a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope this cute pirate card will inspire you! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!