Hi there Sugar Peeps!!!
It’s time again for the SugarPea Designs Sweet 2 Repeat Hop! This time we are hopping on Instagram! You can join the Design Team starting from my account @tatianacraftandart.
There would be no perfect hop without prizes! Right?! SugarPea Designs are giving away TWO $25 Gift Certificates! So don’t miss a chance to win too!
On my stop for this hop you’ll find a few cuties from wonderful new summer Salty Seagulls and Waves of Love stamp sets. Both sets have the same design and style and are so fun to mix and match. I created a colorful Distress background, inking a piece of paper at an angle with the colors that reminds sea water, and then added an extra finish touch with a small wavy die from Nautical Notions SugarCut.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- Salty Seagulls Stamp Set
- Salty Seagulls SugarCut
- Waves of Love Stamp Set
- Waves of Love SugarCut
- Nautical Notions SugarCut
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need for your card, using the coordinating Salty Seagulls SugarCut and Waves of Love SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Salty Seagulls Stamp Set and Waves of Love Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with copic markers. I used on this card:
- seagulls/ walrus W00-W1-W3-W5
- wings BG0000-BG70-BG72
- logs YR30-E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- orange YR61-YR65
- yellow Y00-Y11-Y35
- red R000-R00-R20-R21-R22-R24-R46
- blue B000-B21-B26
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Waves of Love Stamp Set.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock slightly narrower than the card base and ink it with (starting from top):
- Splatter some tiny colorful droplets, a clear shimmer spray and a white gouache all across to add more interest to the pattern. Let the paper air dry or heat set it with a heat gun.
- Die cut three wave lines on the inked background, using Nautical Notions SugarCut. Use a low tack tape to hold the die in place while you ran it inside the die cutting machine.
- Trim a stripe from MFT Black & White Stripes pattern paper.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a couple of clear sparkling sequins and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!