Hello and welcome!
Today is my turn to get you inspired for the SugarPea Designs monthly Mix It Up Challenge! I came up with a simple birthday card featuring die cutting and ink blending techniques. I played with a couple of new products from the SugarPea Designs latest release and paired them with my ever favorite English Bond Brick Wall Stencil.
In case you want to play along, as well, here’s how you can do that: you have all month to play along and make a project using just the inspiration, just the sketch or Mix it Up and use both! It is totally up to you! You can find all the rules at SugarPea blog right here!!!
- Birthday Script SugarCut
- Birthday Candles SugarCut
- Birthday Wishes Stamp Set
- English Bond Brick Wall Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut three times from Neenah Solar White paper Birthday Script SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Stack all three layers together with Distress Collage Medium Matte to avoid messy glue spots.
- Die cut a bunch of candles and candle flames from the same Neenah Solar White paper, using Birthday Candles SugarCut.
- Ink every single piece with a different color creating an ombré effect. I used Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool and Distress inks in colors:
- Trim and score a small slimline card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim the central background panel from a light grey cardstock that measures 3 1/4″ x 3″, and ink it with the matching light grey ink through English Bond Brick Wall Stencil. Tape the stencil very well with a removable tape to prevent any movement and achieve a nice and clean look.
- Glue the patterned piece in the center of the background.
- Trim the top and bottom parts of the background from the same light grey cardstock, each 3 1/4″ x 1 3/4″. Ink both pieces through the same English Bond Brick Wall Stencil and flick some tiny droplets of a white gouache on top.
- Pop both side background pieces on a foam tape.
- Adhere Birthday Script SugarCut in the center of the card front with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Heat emboss in white onto dark grey the sentiment from Birthday Wishes Stamp Set and add it on the background.
- Arrange and pop on a foam tape all the candles.
- Adhere the candle flames directly to the background.
- Finish with a coat of clear glitter pen.
Hope you like this colorful birthday card! Now it’s your turn to link up your creations for a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate from SugarPea Designs! Can’t wait to see what you create!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!
SPD Products Used:
English Bond Brick Wall Stencil