Hello and welcome to the final day of the Newton’s Nook May release! Thanks so much for joining me throughout this week and for all your wonderful comments! I cannot express how much I appreciate your love & support!
Please note that all the new May products will be available for purchase on Friday, May 19th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The last day of the May reveals is filled with the most adorable and my ever favorite mischievous kitty illustration in new Newton’s Hanging Basket Stamp Set! As always, in case you’re interested, NND releases the coordinating Newton’s Hanging Basket Die Set that honestly was super helpful for quick and easy die cutting with the small additional elements included in the set!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Newton’s Hanging Basket Stamp Set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
It took me a while to figure out the card front design for this project! Finally I decided to keep everything clean and easy with a limited color combo. I inked an ombré background, using the complimentary shades to the green leaves and the green striped pattern paper arranged on the right hand side.
- Newton’s Hanging Basket Stamp Set
- Newton’s Hanging Basket Die Set
- Quatrefoil Stencil
- Springtime Paper Pad
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Newton’s Hanging Basket Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Newton’s Hanging Basket Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat YR30-YR31-Y32-YR21-YR24-YR27 & ears R0000-R000-R12
- red R000-R00-R01-R02-R05-R08
- green G0000-G00-G02-G05-G16-G19
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a green striped piece of pattern paper from Springtime Paper Pad.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ panel from the same Neenah Solar White paper for the inked background.
- Secure Quatrefoil Stencil on a white panel and start inking it from the top right corner with Distress inks, using the blending brushes for a soft and smooth transition. I used:
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water.
- Stamp the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen and a generous coat of a clear glitter pen.
Would you like to win the “Newton’s Hanging Basket” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday May 18th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 19th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!