Hello and welcome to the final day of the Newton’s Nook March release! Thanks so much for joining me throughout this week and for all your incredibly kind comments, love and support! Hope you liked my take on the new spring products!
Please note that all the new March products will be available for purchase tomorrow on Friday, March 24th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
Last but not least among these March product reveals come super adorable Fabulous Fungus Stamp Set filled with many fantastic illustrations! Personally these stamps inspire me very much and you are going to see more samples with them on my blog very soon! As other stamp sets from Newton’s Nook, this one comes with the coordinating Fabulous Fungus Die Set!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Fabulous Fungus stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a fun and colorful rainbow card because I couldn’t escape to give these beautiful illustrations a playful twist and not just sticking to the real colors!
- Fabulous Fungus Stamp Set
- Fabulous Fungus Die Set
- Spring Blooms Paper Pad
- Love & Chocolate Paper Pad
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Fabulous Fungus Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Fabulous Fungus Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- pink RV10-RV11-RV13-RV14
- orange YR0000-YR00-YR02-YR04-YR09
- yellow Y00-Y11-Y13-Y18
- green YG01-YG05-YG09
- teal BG10-BG11-BG13-BG49
- violett V000-V01-V04-V06-V12
- stems E40-E41-E42-E43
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a piece of a blue/teal pattern paper from Spring Blooms Paper Pad for the background.
- Trim another piece of Neenah Solar White paper for the bottom part of your card front and stamp the sentiment on it, using Fabulous Fungus Stamp Set and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Finally trim a piece of a brown striped pattern paper from Love & Chocolate Paper Pad.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Mask the bottom part of the card front and splatter some white gouache diluted with a small amount of water on the fungus and teal background as a finish touch.
Would you like to win the “Fabulous Fungus” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday March 23rd at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, March 24th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute rainbow card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!