Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook Holiday release! I’m so excited you’ve joined me today since it’s again THIS time of the year and I cannot wait to share with you all the stunning new Christmas and winter themed products that the NND Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new Holiday products will be available for purchase on Friday, October 14th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Design Team is kicking off this Holiday Release with the most adorable Holiday Heights Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Holiday Heights Die Set. Then there’s the fun Christmas Tree Line Stencil and two awesome Christmas Time Paper Pad and Canine Christmas Paper Pad.
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Holiday Heights stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find some non traditional Christmas colors and two different ways of inking! I decided to pick up the stunning snowman from Holiday Heights Stamp Set since snowmen are always my favorite illustrations and just highlight it with a simple copic coloring!
- Holiday Heights Stamp Set
- Holiday Heights Die Set
- Christmas Tree Line Stencil
- Bookmark Die Set
- Fancy Edges Tag Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Holiday Heights Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Holiday Heights Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- dog YR30-YR31-Y32-YR23-YR24-YR27
- snowman BG0000-BG10
- teal scarf BG000-BG02-BG05-BG07 & BG10-BG11
- grey T0-T1-T3-T5-T7
- red R00-R20-R24-R26-R27-R39
- orange Y35-YR04
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 5 1/4″ x 4″ rectangle from a cream cardstock. I used Lawn Fawn Cardstock – Vanilla Malt.
- Ink a tone on tone pattern through Christmas Tree Line Stencil with Antique Linen Distress ink and the Mini Ink Blending Tool. Secure the stencil each time with a low tack tape to prevent it from moving.
- Stamp the sentiment from Holiday Heights Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a Bookmark and add a scalloped edge to the bottom edge, using Fancy Edges Tag Die Set.
- Ink the bookmark with Seedless Preserves Distress, Picked Raspberry Distress, Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide, Tattered Rose Distress inks. Use the blending brushes this time to achieve a soft and smooth result.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny dots of a clear shimmer spray, a white gouache and Picked Raspberry Distress ink diluted with a small amount of water.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a generous coat of a clear glitter pen, a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some sequins from Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mix adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Would you like to win the “Holiday Heights” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday October 13th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday October 14th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!