Hello and welcome!
I’ve popped in with a cute and furry holiday card! I believe this project starts my Holiday Card Series 2022! Can you believe it’s THAT time of the year again? LOL!!! Today I’m playing with gorgeous rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs illustrated by Shari Bresciani.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Milo & Lucy (Cats wrapped in scarf) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut the stamp with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color the illustration with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- cat #1 E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- cat #2 W00-W0-W1-W3-W5
- red R000-R00-R20-R21-R22-R24-R27-R39
- grey C4-C7
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Secure Newton’s Nook Designs Snowfall Stencil with a low tack tape on the card front and spread Sizzix White Dimentional Paste all across. Carefully lift up the stencil and let the embossing paste air dry well.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a faux stitched rectangle, using Newton’s Nook Designs Frames & Flags Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Ink the rectangle with Salvaged Patina and Prize Ribbon Distress inks from Distress Mini Inks – Kit #17, using the blending brushes for a soft transition between the colors.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of water or a clear shimmer spray.
- Partially die cut from the same Neenah Solar White paper another faux stitched rectangle, using again Newton’s Nook Designs Frames & Flags Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Die cut the snow hill, using Newton’s Nook Designs Land Borders Die Set.
- Split in two parts the sentiment from Furry Friends Sentiment Set, using the sharp small scissors.
- Heat emboss in white onto red the first part of the sentiment with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink and shape it into a fish-tail banner. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Stamp the second part of the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of a clear glitter pen, a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some half white pearls.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and furry holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!