Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the Newton’s Nook August release! Thank so much for joining me today! The NND Design Team and I keep sharing the peeks on the new Halloween and autumn themed products throughout this week!
Please note that all the new August products will be available for purchase on Friday, August 19th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The third day of the August reveals has reserved us a beautiful Autumn Oval Stamp Set that, as you can guess, is another addition to the NND Oval Card Front collection! And that meant it s perfectly coordinates with the previously released Oval Frames Die Set! Plus we have another wonderful Autumn Paper Pad filled with lots of amazing designs and warm fall colors!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Autumn Oval stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a non traditional colors for the fall card as I wished to experiment a bit and try a pink palette for the pumpkins, combining three different shades! I reached for Karin Brushmarkers Pro to make the watercoloring on this card and then combined the hand cut colored illustration with a matching pinkish pumpkin background, applied through new Jack-o’-lantern Stencil Set.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Prep a piece of Fabriano Extra White Hot Pressed Watercolor paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Stamp the oval illustration and the sentiment from Autumn Oval Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment. Use a stamping positioning tool if you have it in your stash to help you with the arrangement.
- Heat emboss the stamp lines with a fine detail embossing powder.
- Color the stamp with water based markers. I used KARIN BRUSHMARKER PRO set:
- n.168 Pink Rose
- n.200 Soft Peach #1
- n.201 Soft Peach #2
- n.204 Cool Aqua
- n.210 Apple
- n.228 Lush Green
- n.281 Olive Green
- n.358 Red Lilac
- n.377 Ocean Teal
- n.447 Olive Black
- Fussy cut the colored oval with the sharp small scissors right against the outline and paint the edge with a black brush tip marker to hide any imperfection due to the fussy cutting.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Secure the layer #1 of Jack-o’-lantern Stencil Set with a low tack tape on the card front and apply the light pink embossing paste all across. I used Picket Fence Studios – Paper Glaze – Nutcracker Ballet Ombre Set – 3 Pack on my project. Carefully lift up the stencil and let the embossing paste air dry well.
- Secure the layer #2 of Jack-o’-lantern Stencil Set with a low tack tape on the card front and add green stems to the pattern, using again Picket Fence Studios Paper Glaze from Nutcracker Ballet Ombre pack. Don’t forget to wash immediately the stencils and the palette knives with warm water and liquid soap.
- Once the embossing paste is dried, wrap kraft and silver twines around the card front and pop the colored illustration on a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with some matching sequins from Heffy Doodle Royal Mist Embellishment Mix adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Would you like to win the “Autumn Oval” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday August 18th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday August 19th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet autumn card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!