Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I’m sharing a fun and cute birthday card that will make scream from joy every dog lover! I was so excited to get my hands on the absolutely amazing new Heffy Doodle Mini Paper Trimmer that immediately decided to illustrate how to create a quick and easy and yet fun textured background by using the scoring blade. Besides, I came out with another simple idea on how to extend the fence stamp from Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set by trimming one edge to match the beginning of the other illustration. On my card I only doubled up the stamp. However by using this simple technique, you can extend the image for any desirable size.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Hot Diggity Dog Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Hot Diggity Dog Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Who Let the Dogs Out Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Heffy Doodle Mini Paper Trimmer (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Replacement Trimmer Cutting & Scoring Blades (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mix (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert – Craft Glue (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Bubblegum Blush Cardstock from Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 2 (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Hot Diggity Dog Dies, Who Let the Dogs Out Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies. Please, note that you need two fence elements to extend the illustration.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Hot Diggity Dog Stamp Set and Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- dogs E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35-E37
- fence E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- pink RV00-RV21-RV23
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG03
- green grass YG21-YG95
- teal BG10-BG11-BG32
- grey T0-T1
- Extend the fence by cutting the edge of one illustration with the sharp small scissors, then glue both stamps together with Glubert – Craft Glue, matching the outlines.
- Use the new Heffy Doodle Mini Paper Trimmer to trim an additional 5 1/4″ x 4″ rectangle from Bubblegum Blush Cardstock from Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 2.
- Replace the blue cutting blade on the Mini Paper Trimmer with the scoring white one that comes with Replacement Trimmer Cutting & Scoring Blades set and emboss the evenly spaced horizontal lines to create a fun textured pattern, helping yourself with the measurement rule.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock.
- Stamp the second part of the sentiment from the same Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set inside with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of sequins from Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mix and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and cute birthday doggy card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!