Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook August release! I’m so excited you’ve joined me today and can’t wait to share with you all the stunning new Halloween and autumn themed products that the NND Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new August products will be available for purchase on Friday, August 19th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Design Team is kicking off this August release with the most adorable Franken-Newton Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Franken-Newton Die Set. Plus there’re three amazing newbies that will help you to create stunning and quick backgrounds: Halloween Meows Paper Pad, Halloween Woofs Paper Pad and Jack-o’-lantern Stencil Set.
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Franken-Newton stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a not-scary Halloween card that highlights the wonderful illustrations from new Franken-Newton Stamp Set with a simple copic coloring. That green cat is just so cute, isn’t it? The project completes a quick and easy background made from the new patterned paper.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Franken-Newton Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Franken-Newton Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG03-YG06-YG09
- orange Y21-YR12-YR14-YR24
- violet V0000-V000-V01-V12-V15
- yellow Y000-Y13-Y21
- grey W00-W3
- pink R000-R01
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim two patterned rectangles from Halloween Meows Paper Pad.
- Stamp the sentiment from Franken-Newton Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink directly on the card front.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements by popping them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a generous coat of a clear glitter pen, some highlights added with a white gel pen and a couple of white iridescent sequins.
Would you like to win the “Franken-Newton” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday August 18th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday August 19th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun Halloween card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!