Hello and welcome!
I’m super EXCITED to share a wonderful news! I was invited to guess design for Trinity Stamps! YAAY!!!! Thanks so so so much, Trinity Stamps, for this amazing opportunity! Today, I’m sharing my first card that features super cute new Up, Up, & Away Stamp Set!
Since the beautiful gnome illustration from Up, Up, & Away Stamp Set is quite big and covers almost the whole card front, I kept the layout very simple, creating and inked one layer window for the sky portion. I played with new to me Distress Mini Inks from Kit #17 and came with amazing two tones blending made by using Salvaged Patina Distress and Prize Ribbon Distress shades. A simple heat embossed on black sentiment was die cut with the coordinating die that comes with Up, Up, & Away Die Set! Love that Trinity Stamps includes the sentiment dies in each coordinating die set, making my crafty life much easier! LOL!!!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Up, Up, & Away Stamp Set (available at Trinity Stamps and Scrapbook.com)
- Up, Up, & Away Die Set (available at Trinity Stamps and Scrapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Up, Up, & Away Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Up, Up, & Away Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- skin E0000-E50-E51-E53-E55
- beard T0-T1-T3
- yellow Y000-Y00-Y13-Y15
- orange YR0000-YR000-YR00-YR04-Y38
- red R000-R00-R20-R21-R22-R24-R27-R39
- pink RV0000-RV000-RV00-RV10-RV02
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG03
- blue BG0000-BG000-BG01
- grey C1-C3-C5-C7
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Mask the edges on the card front with a low tack tape and ink the center, using Salvaged Patina and Prize Ribbon Distress inks plus the blending brushes for a soft and smooth result.
- Without lifting up the mask, splatter the inked background, using a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water and a regular water brush.
- Let the background air dry and then carefully remove the low tack tape.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Up, Up, & Away Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Die cut the sentiment with the coordinating die from Up, Up, & Away Die Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a generous coat of a clear glitter pen and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you this fun and cute birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!