Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a fresh summer card that features a couple of new and old stamp sets mixed together! I kept the colors very light trying not to overwhelm the beach scene, but just to highlight the amazing illustration from Newton’s Nook Designs!
- Kitten Beach Stamp Set
- Kitten Beach Die Set
- Beach Bound Stamp Set
- Beach Bound Die Set
- Summer Moments Stamp Set
- Summer Moments Die Set
- Waves & Splashes Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Kitten Beach Die Set, Beach Bound Die Set, Summer Moments Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Kitten Beach Stamp Set, Beach Bound Stamp Set, Summer Moments Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- brown #1 E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- brown #2 E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35
- brown #3 (sand) E0000-E21-E23-E25
- grey C00-C2-C3-C5-C7
- black 100
- green G20-G40-G43
- blue B0000-B000-B00-B01-B02
- yellow Y0000-Y00-Y02-Y35
- pink RV0000-RV000-R81-R83-R85
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Ink the sand portion with Antique Linen Distress ink directly on the card front, using a blending brush for a soft and smooth result.
- Splatter the sand part with some tiny droplets of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink diluted with a small amount of water.
- Ink the sky portion with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink, using again a blending brush.
- Ink two rows of waves, using the edge of Waves & Splashes Stencil and Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink.
- Flick some super tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add a bit of shine and some interest.
- Stamp the sentiment from Summer Moments Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping them on foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen and a couple of clear iridescent sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this lovely and cute beach scene! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!