Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I literally decided to stretches two adorable giraffe stamps from Two By Two Safari Animals Stamp Set, extending their necks to create a fun birthday card! For that I just partially stamped and die cut twice both illustrations and then arranged them between two adjacent panels of the stitched layout frame die. The card was completed by a simple inked background that features one of my favorites Brick By Brick Stencil and a fabulous BIG die cut sentiment! To tie all the elements together, I decided to split with my sharp small scissors and then heat emboss onto black “Go Wild” sentiment from the matching Wild At Heart Sentiment Stamp Set.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Two By Two Safari Animals Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Two By Two Safari Animals Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Wild At Heart Sentiment Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Stitched Birthday Trio (A2) Frame Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Brick By Brick Stencil (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Heffy Doodle Glubert – Craft Glue (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Heffy Memo Tape (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Partially die cut from Neenah Solar White paper two giraffe’s heads with the necks, two giraffe’s bodies with the necks and a bunch of leaves, using the coordinating Two By Two Safari Animals Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Two By Two Safari Animals Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- yellow Y0000-Y00-Y13-Y15-Y18-YR27
- brown E30-E31-E33-E35-E37
- green YG11-YG05-YG09
- red R00-R02
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock.
- Secure the Brick By Brick Stencil with a low tack tape on the card front and ink the open areas with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink, using the blending brush to achieve a soft and smooth result.
- Lift up the stencil and keep inking the whole background, using the same Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink with a lighter hand.
- Splatter the inked background, using a regular water brush and a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water.
- Die cut a Stitched Birthday Trio (A2) Frame and the “HAPPY B-DAY” sentiment from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Wild At Heart Sentiment Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple clear sparkling sequins and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you this fun and cute birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!