Hello and welcome!
Thank so much for joining me today! I keep sharing more inspiration featuring the new absolutely gorgeous “A Special Day” Collection of rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs released in celebration of Stacey Yacula’s 10th year illustrating stamps for the company!
SALE ALLERT! For a limited time, the complete collection will be offered as a bundle with a 30% discount and will sell for $130.00. The “A Special Day” bundle consists of all 28 stamps/stamp sets & the coordinating “Let’s Celebrate” sentiment set.
In celebration of Stacey’s 10th year illustrating stamps for Purple Onion Designs, the entire “A Special Day” collection will be 10% off when purchased individually. The bundle will not receive the additional 10% off since it is already discounted 30%.
The special bundle price and the 10% birthday discount end on Wednesday, June 8, 2022.
- The Prickles (Hedgehogs with wagon)
- Vine & Bells, Heart Balloon & Gift Set
- Let’s Celebrate Sentiment Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper The Prickles (Hedgehogs with wagon) and three balloons from Vine & Bells, Heart Balloon & Gift Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- hedgehogs E0000-E00-E02-E11 & W00-W0-W1-W3-W5
- wagon E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- yellow Y00-Y11-Y15-Y17
- orange YR000-YR00-YR02-YR04-YR07
- red R20-R22-R24-R27-R39
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG05-YG09
- blue B0000-B21-B24-B26-B28
- violet V000-V01-V12-V15-V17
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Secure Newton’s Nook Designs Hills & Grass Stencil with a low tack tape on card front and ink the bottom part with Twisted Citron Distress ink, using the blending brush.
- Trim a piece of a masking paper, trace the hill shape with a pencil on it using Hills & Grass Stencil as a guide then cut apart the masking paper to achieve a mask.
- Apply the mask on the green area to protect it from cross contamination of colors and ink the sky portion with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide and Mermaid Lagoon Distress inks, using again the blending brush for a smooth result.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add more interest.
- Trim a piece of Neenah Solar White paper 4 1/4″ width to cover the bottom part of the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment from Let’s Celebrate Sentiment Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the white panel.
- Assemble all the elements together, using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Add a few highlights with a white gel pen, a couple of clear sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte and a lots of sparkle to some balloons.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and cute birthday card and the rainbow colors! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!