Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing another tacocat card that features the most adorable Newton Loves Tacos Stamp Set. Today I decided to stretch just one small stamp from the set, creating a repeated pattern that coves all card front.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a bunch of kitty tacos, using the coordinating Newton Loves Tacos Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative part of the die.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Newton Loves Tacos Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative part of the die as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- tacos Y00-YR20-YR21-YR23-YR24 & R22 (pink nose)
- green YG01-YG05
- red R14-R29
- yellow Y13
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from a cream cardstock.
- Trim slightly smaller rectangle from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Partially die cut from a black cardstock a stitched banner, using Bookmark Die Set.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun pattern card made from just one small stamp! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!