Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing one of my favorite cuties from the Newton’s Nook Designs new release paired with a couple of “old” stamps that goes so well together!
- Newton Loves Tacos Stamp Set
- Newton Loves Tacos Die Set
- Lemon Twist Stamp Set
- Lemon Twist Die Set
- Cocktail Mixer Stamp Set
- Cocktail Mixer Die Set
- Sunscape Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Newton Loves Tacos Die Set, Lemon Twist Die Set, Cocktail Mixer Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Newton Loves Tacos Stamp Set, Lemon Twist Stamp Set and Cocktail Mixer Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat W00-T0-T1-T3-T5 & C1-C3
- pink RV000-RV10-RV52
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG11-YG05-YG17
- blue B0000-B00-B02
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Ink the card front with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide inks, using the blending brushes to achieve a nice, soft and smooth result.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add more interest.
- Secure the Sunscape Stencil with a low tack tape on the inked background and spread all across Moonstone Glimmer Paste from Nuvo, helping yourself with a palette knife. Let the embossing paste air dry. Don’t forget to clean immediately the stencil with warm water and some liquid soap.
- Trim a white panel 4 1/4″ width to cover the bottom side of the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment from Newton Loves Tacos Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte, some highlights added with a white gel pen and glossy accents on the glass edges.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cutie as much as I’m! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!